Friday, September 4, 2009

Initial ideas

Here are my initially ideas for the first project: the water bottle with a secondary function.

In order to design a useful and desirable product, I first thought about the times when people would buy a water bottle, such as playing sport, experiencing hot weather, having no access to running water etc.
Then I tried to imagine that I was in each of these situations, to understand what other uncomfortable conditions might be experienced.

I figured that the water bottle would be valuable product it its secondary function could reduce these feelings of discomfort.
For example, 'no access to running water' could mean that they are living in a developing country, so they also have no access to electricity or a convenient mobile light source. Therefore, a bottle that folded into a candle holder that could be be carried easily and protects the candle from wind might be useful.










No comments:

Post a Comment